[ Anmelden ]

Werbung

Zuletzt erstellte Filmseiten

One for One; The Savage Eye; Mekhanicheskaya syuita; Alpha Bravo Charlie; A Map of the World; Arî kyatto; Carry On Admiral; Wenn ich einmal der Herrgott wär; Madly; Mamula; Sins of My Mother 2; Sexy Warriors; Araburu tamashii-tachi; Cronache di poveri amanti; Nashônaru Kiddo; (mehr...)

1986 Reumech OMC RCV-9

1986 Reumech OMC RCV-9 in Supernova, Miniserie, 2005 IMDB Ep. 2

Typ: sonstige, Militärisches Panzerfahrzeug — Herkunftsland: ZA

1986 Reumech OMC RCV-9

[*] Fahrzeug im Hintergrund

Kommentare über dieses Fahrzeug

AutorMitteilung

datsunZ IT

2007-02-09 21:41


Stonefield?

Citsa ZA

2007-02-12 22:32

South African police vehicle - its (animal) name has slipped me, will get it

Gag Halfrunt UK

2007-02-12 22:36

OMC RG-12?
http://www.baesystemsomc.co.za/Default.aspx?tabid=652

Citsa ZA

2007-02-19 23:18

Gag, you got it - it is the OMC RG12. It is called the "Nyala" (a kind of African antelope) by the police, but is also generally used as a armoured vehicle for e.g. cash transit in SA. Also have a look at:

http://www.expats.co.za/extra/images/armsindustry.htm,

but I am sure it is the OMC RG12 rather

sixcyl FR

2007-02-19 23:21

What is the make OMC? or BAE SYSTEMS? ... UK? or S.African?

Gag Halfrunt UK

2007-02-19 23:30

Citsa wrote Gag, you got it - it is the OMC RG12. It is called the "Nyala" (a kind of African antelope) by the police, but is also generally used as a armoured vehicle for e.g. cash transit in SA. Also have a look at:

http://www.expats.co.za/extra/images/armsindustry.htm,

but I am sure it is the OMC RG12 rather


Looking at it again, I think it's the "anti-riot vehicle" shown on the expats.co.za page, which is similar to the RG-12 but not as tall.
http://www.expats.co.za/extra/images/media/nonqua1.jpg
The side mirror on the Supernova vehicle is just above the indicator, which matches the one on expats.co.za. The mirror on the RG-12 is much higher, because it's a taller vehicle and its windows are higher up.

Citsa ZA

2007-02-20 23:11

Gag, I'll get one of my friends in the SA Police to clarify

Gag Halfrunt UK

2007-03-02 00:48

Citsa wrote Gag, I'll get one of my friends in the SA Police to clarify

Thanks.

Citsa ZA

2007-03-20 23:12

Gag, other dear friends - time for judgement on this one I think:

My friends in the SA Police say that it is without doubt an RG-12 Nyala. See:

http://www.sa-transport.co.za/police_and_riot/police.html
http://www.baesystemsomc.co.za/Default.aspx?tabid=555
http://www.danvillehulp.co.za/danville-dogterskamp04.html (Please don't ask me to translate it all, it's not really relevant - just look at the pics, the captions say "A ride in a police Nyala" and "Sitting tight in the Nyala")
http://www.baesystemsomc.co.za/Default.aspx?tabid=652
Link to "www.baesystemsomc.co.za"
Link to "www.baesystemsomc.co.za"
Link to "www.baesystemsomc.co.za"
Link to "www.baesystemsomc.co.za"

I would therefore, without any doubt, go for RG-12 Nyala built by Land Systems South Africa which is "...a business stream of BAE Systems Land Systems of the United Kingdom and has two divisions, Land Systems OMC and Land Systems Gear Ratio.

BAE Systems has a 75% shareholding in Land Systems South Africa with the remaining 25% held by DGD Technologies (Pty) Ltd, a local Black Economic Empowerment company."

-- Last edit: 2007-03-20 23:27:58

antp BE

2007-03-20 23:23

So do we list it as OMC like two other vehicles or do we use BAE or something else?

Citsa ZA

2007-03-20 23:29

I think OMC would be OK?

CougarTim US

2009-02-24 00:57

Others seem to be listed as "Reumech OMC": /vehicles_make-Reumech+OMC.html

Kommentar hinzufügen

Sie müssen sich anmelden, um einen Kommentar zu schreiben...

Werbung

Watch or buy this title - Powered by JustWatch

Werbung